Humanae Vitae Conference Program
A Conference for Priests, Deacons, Men and Women Religious
We invite your diocese to hold a Humanae Vitae Conference for clergy based on the following model.
Communicating the teachings of Humanae Vitae is surely one of the most difficult challenges facing priests, deacons and religious today. Learn how you can successfully convey the true teachings of the Catholic Church on these issues.
Discover how to overcome the cultural resistance often encountered by priests in discussing these matters with parishioners. Become a more effective advocate for life.
Brian Murphy, PhD, holds a masters degree in experimental medicine and a doctorate in physiology from McGill University in Montreal. Brian served in the Peace Corps in the Amazon Jungle of Peru where he worked in a Franciscan Mission post and confronted issues of local business development. He and his wife, Louise, have five children and have lived Humanae Vitae for their entire marriage. Both have taught NFP. Brian is founder and Chairman of God's Plan for Life, a nonprofit foundation that has conducted Humanae Vitae conferences in Chicago, IL, Belleville, IL, Atlanta, GA, Los Angeles, CA, Oceanside, CA, Manchester, NH, Gary, IN, Mexicali, Mexico and Moi's Bridge, Kenya. Also, Culture of Life weekends have been held at St. Kilian Church, Mission Viejo, CA, Mission Basilica San Juan Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano, CA, Blessed Sacrament Parish, Westminster, CA and St. John Vianney Parish in Atlanta, GA. During these events, hundreds of copies of Humanae Vitae have been sold and dozens of couples have signed up for classes in Natural Family Planning. God's Plan For Life runs this website and offers this Humanae Vitae Conference ministry anywhere in the world.
God's Plan for Life
19 Rosana Way
Coto de Caza, CA 92679
Fr. Matthew Habiger, OSB, PhD, earned his doctorate in moral theology from Catholic University of America in 1986. During the 10 years he worked with Human Life International he served as President and as Chairman of the Board. Fr. Matthew proclaims the Gospel of life through speaking tours, conferences, articles and sermons.
His work has inspired the faithful in 55 countries. Since 2003 he has been a full-time member of the NFP Outreach Team of priests. As a frequent conference speaker, the focus of his apostolate is to help seminarians and priests learn how to effectively teach God's richly-textured plan of love, life, fertility, marriage and the family. He has successfully preached on Humanae Vitae at parish missions, NFP Parish Weekends and Theology of the Body Seminars around the country.
2828 NW 57th Street, Suite 211
Oklahoma City, OK 73112-7070
Conference speakers will address the following topics to help you break through the wall of silence surrounding these all important issues:
- How to teach God’s plan for life to the faithful;
- How to form conscience and promote chastity;
- How contraception exerts a negative and deeply harmful influence on Christian marriages and ultimately degrades society;
- How to cope with criticism and combat intimidation while advocating Humanae Vitae;
- How to effectively teach morality from the pulpit and rebuild a culture of life, starting at the parish;
- Sample homilies by Fr. Anthony Kopp will be available on CD.
One-Day Program Schedule For Clergy
- God’s Plan For Life
- Statement of the problem
- Life is a Gospel message
- God’s procreative plan for man made in his image
- The Onan Account
- Chastity for everyone, the key to our survival
- How to teach chastity
- The Lambeth decision, Christian Marriage (Casti Connubii)
- Humanae Vitae
- The price of silence
- Fertility statistics and world population
- Lies that are destroying the human race
- The link between contraception and abortion
- True responsible parenthood
- Generosity in procreation
- Repentance and atonement through Christ
- How to Preach on the Topic: God's Plan for Marriage and Spousal Love
- God's Plan for Prosperity
- To understand poverty, we must first understand what produces prosperity
- There are three fundamental conditions required for prosperity
- Availability of natural resources to support population growth
- The Role of Conscience
- What is conscience and how it is formed
- The lessons from the Winnipeg statement
- Christian marriage and the lessons from Humanae Vitae
- Moral law from God to the Church
- The sin of the garden of Eden – lessons for today
- Our obligation as teachers
- The Holy Father as Vicar of Christ asks us to do more
- Obstacles to Overcome in Preaching
- Humanae Vitae in 17 points
- What is Wrong with Contraception and the Hard Cases
- The person who says that Humanae Vitae was not issued “Ex Cathedra”
- The poor family with three children
- The mother whose doctor tells her that she will die if she has another child
- One spouse wants to follow Church teaching while the other does not.
- Some Resources on These Topics
- Rev: 21:8
- Proclaiming God's Judgment Beginning with how it Applies to Me
- Avoiding the Sugar Gospel
- How many agree that we need 4 homilies per year on life issues and will do them?
- Parish Implementation Plan
- Reading and resources
- Preach regularly on the topics of marriage, spousal love and family, the evil of contraception and sterilization and the goodness of NFP
- Encourage couples to become teachers of NFP
- Make NFP part of your marriage preparation program
- Make use of Prayers of the Faithful
- Promote good CDs from the pulpit, which deal with contraception, sterilization and NFP
- Visit these websites
- 11. Discussion and Closing Prayer
“A fundamental imperative
of every good conscience–
the defense of the right to life
of an innocent and defenseless
Pope John Paul II
God, the Lord of life has entrusted to men the noble mission of safeguarding life, and men must carry it out in a manner worthy of themselves. GS 51 § 3
Acquire the inspiration and confidence you will need to battle the “Culture of Death” which has sadly taken root even within our own church. In addition to exploring the primary causes of the extraordinary disrespect for human life we all witness, our speakers will address a wide range of objections and obstacles that you may encounter.
It is our most fervent hope that you will be renewed and energized by the conference. We invite you to embrace the teachings of Humanae Vitae and go forth to courageously proclaim the Gospel of Life. We pray with you for the strength and guidance to lead others in the way of Christ.
May God bless you and your work.
“Before I formed you
in the womb I knew you,
and before you were born
I consecrated you”
Jer. 1:5 ;cf. Job 10:8-12;
Diocese of San Diego
Office for Marriage and Family Life
Office for the Permanent Diaconate
Office for Social Ministry
Human Life International
God's Plan for Life
The above program is available and formatted for printing as a one-page double sided invitation brochure in Adobe Acrobat. Contact the webmaster below for details.